Without a doubt, bunions are one of the most common foot disorders. A bunion is a bony and painful bump that might get red and swollen. Sometimes, it can be extreme bunion pain that makes walking or wearing shoes impossible. In some cases, they might not be painful but will cause discomfort.
Are you wondering how to treat bunions naturally Sydney or how to shrink bunions naturally? Well, to understand how you can prevent it, you need to first understand what causes a bunion. In this post, we have mentioned top tips for you to prevent bunions. Read on to know what the causes of bunion are.
Causes of Bunions
When it comes to causes, the exact cause is unknown. Still, there are plenty of other causes that lead to bunions. Some of them are:
- Wearing high heels or too-tight shoes
- Health conditions like gout or arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis)
- If one leg is longer than the other
- Abnormal function of the foot
- Genetic factors, overpronation, or abnormal anatomy
- Trauma, fractures, sprain, and nerve injuries
- Polio or Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
Tips for Preventing Bunions
Here are the top tips for preventing bunions Manly Vale.
- Don’t Wear Flip-flops- it is recommended not to wear shoes that have no arc. This means you should not wear flip-flops. It is because such shoes put additional pressure on the big toe joint.
- Buying the Right Size of Shoes- another important tip is not to wear shoes that are too tight or too loose. The shoes must always be of the proper size; the toe area of the shoes must be wide. When it comes to heel, the shoes must no more than 1 to 2 inches. Another thing you need to keep in mind is that it must provide good support for the arch of your foot.
- Stretching Your Toes- exercising is also a great way to prevent bunions. All you have to do is take off your shoes and wiggle them. Whether you are at home or work, it will help in decreasing the pressure on the toes.
- Do Exercises- weak muscles are related to walking problems and pain in people suffering from bunions. With the help of exercises, you can strengthen the muscles of your foot.
- Have your heel and forefoot on the floor and lift up your toes. You must hold it for 5 seconds and release it.
- Place your feet on the floor and bent your knees. Then, you must lift your heels and keep pressing down your big toe.
- Use Shoe Inserts- you must use inserts to make sure the alignment of your foot is proper. This will even support your arch.
Hence, bunions develop slowly, so taking care of your feet from your childhood can really pay off. It is advised to keep a track of the shape of your feet and seek treatment for bunion pain if needed. You should exercise to increase the strength of your feet. The most important thing is that you must always wear shoes, which will not cramp your toes. For women, it is advised to avoid wearing extremely high heels regularly.